Abbotsford firefighters had some anxious moments when called out to a house fire with a woman reportedly trapped inside on Monday night.
Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service (AFRS) responded to a report of a fire at 30731 Curlew Dr. at 7:30 p.m. after a 911 caller initially stated that her mother was likely trapped in the residence.
Although firefighters arrived to find the house filled with smoke, fortunately, all the occupants of the home were safely outside.
The fire originated in the basement suite, which suffered extensive fire damage while the rest of the house was damaged by smoke.
Fire damages are estimated at $50,000.
The fire is believed to be accidental, but is still under investigation.